Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fall At the Table

Hello,

On one of those rainy days last week I pulled out our fall table décor.  This centerpiece has been with us for several years now. I  figure if it works don't fix it, right.  I love the color rust.  I reminds me so much of  Fall, the changing  colors of the leaves and the sudden change in temperature, call it nesting.  The wrought iron pumpkins are clearance sale purchase from Pottery Barn several years ago, along with the Leaves and Acorns. This year though I added a couple of these pumpkins in a basket neglected in the storage closet.  Thankfully I have not thrown away or taken my baskets to Goodwill.  Funny  how trends come and go, I definitely feel that way about baskets. I Love the fact they are back with a vengeance.



All my girls were in school, so I had a little extra time to play around with a table setting or two.  The first table setting is a little more feminine and delicate.  I would say leaning  a little shabby chic.  The placemats I sewed a few weeks ago and I think add a nice touch to my fall tablescape. The lighting was harsh, so sorry for the unclear images.









The next table setting I used placemats I purchased several years as well. They are a little more modern in feel, no pretty details or trim. They work I think because, the general color scheme is consistent, although they are not "fallish" in design. I purchased these placemats from World Market.


Here is a close-up of the napkin holder. Isn't is cute!



So curious, which tablesetting do you all prefer? Do tell please.
Thanks for reading my friends and visit my Fall Pinterest Board for much more inspiration.

XOXO,
SK
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah - Just because it is fall, I say the second one :) But they are both lovely. The second one is a bit more autumnal and seasonal.
    Cheers,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loi. Love your blog so much. Thanks for taking the time to comment
      Sarah

      Delete
  2. You got 2 for the price of one and they are both pretty...:-) I can give you a little tip about the harsh lighting because I have the same problem...if you take the pic's with the light behind you they come out less washed out.

    Sweet table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your advise. I could use all sorts of advise when it comes to photography:)
      Sarah

      Delete
  3. The place mats you made are lovely & your Scottie dog napkin rings are adorable :)
    Francine

    ReplyDelete