Friday, October 18, 2013

Gift Ideas for the the Hostess

Hi Everyone, 

  Will you be traveling over Thanksgiving this year?  I think we might.  We live a few states removed from family and although most years a few of us gather here in the Midwest, I think this year we might gather at a different venue.  Honestly, I am not much of a cook so that suits me just fine.  Don't get me wrong  though, I love to help, but when I am in-charge who knows how the meal will turn out.
  Creating, sewing, painting {not cooking:)} are some  things I love to do in my spare time, so I put together this little gift idea for the hostess and a couple of extras for some of my favorite people. 
  It is a super simple gift idea,  a hand-crafted guest bath towel with a locally made  hand soap and one of  my favorite scented candles {all with those lovely spicy fall aromas}. 


Below is a close-up of the cotton towels with embroidered detail.  I sewed ruffles and lace for a soft  detail on the bottom of each and completed the project by sewing around the edges with a feather stitch.  I threw these all in the wash after I had completed to remove my pencil marks and thankfully the cotton and stitching remained in perfect condition. 


 
Unfortunately my sewing machine cannot monogram so I hand applied the letters with white 6 thread floss and stamped "happy fall" with permanent black ink.
 







So maybe you decide this year to make a quick project for the hostess or maybe you are hosting and would like some festive details in your home.  Maybe you create an item or two for your guests and family.

Happy Creating and Happy Fall
XO,
SK
 
Linking up with:http://www.itsoverflowing.com/, http://myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com/, http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/


No comments:

Post a Comment