Thursday, December 10, 2015

Simple changes in a girls bedroom

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season so far.  I love all the christmas lights in and around the stores, the christmas music and spirit.  The long christmas shopping lists not so much, however, I am almost done, so thankfully I can now enjoy the season without the panic of "too much to do and not enough time."



Today, I am going to share one of my daughter's bedroom.  My goal from the onset was to keep most of what she currently owned, from big furniture pieces to all her knick knacks she so lovingly holds onto. My budget was $100.00.  I painted the walls a very soft pink, so that her bright bedding and assessories would take the center stage. The paint color is so pretty, I especially love the room in the evening with the soft lighting, it glows so beautifully.

After painting, Danielle and I picked out this fun trendy chevron sheet set from Target.  She is in love and would very much like to continue the chevron theme on the walls and more in accessories.  We haven't started that project, yet, maybe in the future after her two other sisters get to choose a pretty wall color.


 We also picked out a tufted headboard from Overstock.com.  They have such a wonderful variety, very well priced and easy to install.  On the opposite side of the bed, we put together a desk area.  The desk was mine in college and just repainted a bright teal color.  She stores her books and other odds ends in all the compartments. The desk at moment is great for clutter control.  Its is amazing how quickly the little things crowd a room:)  Our latest is Shopkins and Littlest Pet Shop.



The dresser was a hand me down as well.   It was painted and repurposed several years ago.  It funtions well, although it probably is need of a fresh coat of paint soon.  I love the use of trays, this one below was a steal from Hobby Lobby.  Danielle also proudly displays her artwork in her room.  At the moment she just has a few projects, which she rotates every so often.  I love the personality in this room.  It is so Danielle!



Thanks for stopping by today!  Please visit again soon and follow me on Facebook or Pinterest, I would be so thankful.  Enjoy the rest of your week.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment