Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Dining Room Update

Dear Readers,

Wow how did it get to be 4 days before Christmas! Are you all ready?  The kiddies are out of school since Friday and it has been nonstop.  I was taking inventory of all the gifts last night, making sure it is all evenly distributed between all three of my girls.  This year I decided to give myself a little grace since we just made a big move across country.  I decorated conservatively and the girls have fewer gifts under the tree.  Less is more this year.

Before the girls ended school for the year I painted the dining room that same pretty blue color as the living  room.  I changed out the light fixture to something a little more traditional than what was installed before.  Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture.  Here is the before:




I painted the tray as well as the walls.  This was my first time painting a ceiling and it really isn't as bad as I thought.  I just had to be a little more thoughtful of the amount of paint on the roller and make sure the table was sufficiently covered.  It really is such a pretty color at night with the soft light of lamps.








So now on to sewing panels for the Dining Rooms and Living Rooms.  I picked up this deeply discounted panel from a fabric store here in town.  It has the beautiful traditional details of trim and goblet header.  I figured I could copy this pattern and make a matching panel for the other side of the window. Luckily, the store still carried the trim and fabric plus nap lining.  Please stay tuned for this demo next time.



Also as an aside note Arhaus has some wonderful items and furniture currently on sale.

 Arhaus inspired me to share some decorating tips with you all. If you're looking for some inspiration  click here<rhaus.com/furniture/living-room-furniture/sectional-sofas/> and check out the sectionals they are currently offering.


Have  wonderful holiday weekend and enjoy your time with family and friends.

Thanks for following along and reading,

Sarah XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment