Monday, February 3, 2014

Romantic Linens for the Bedroom

Hi Everyone,


Recently I purchased from Pottery Barn Pure Linen pillowcases for our guest bedroom.  They are a beautiful soft gray color and  equally beautiful to the touch.  I don't mind that they crease easily, I think it just adds to that romantic, charming sense that a French shabby chic bedroom swathed in softness lends to a room.   My new purchase inspired me to create a few linens of my own that are not only made from 100% washable linen, velvet and lace but are crafted with a few sewing techniques I use regularly.  There is plenty of fabulous inspiration online as well which is pictured below.  Oh my goodness, isn't this bed absolutely dreamy? It is layered in soft velvets, linens and cottons, impeccably crafted as well and the color is gorgeous.




 So taking inspiration from this high-end retailer I created my own linens with some pretty details.  Below is a few of my sewing crafts this past week.
The Euro sham pictured below is made of a creamy linen with brown velvet trim.  It was a little rough to the touch initially, but after several washes the linen is so much softer.  The pillowcase was an after thought, since I had extra fabric leftover from my daughter's panels.  I ruched the sides and added lace to edge. It lends a nice touch to Jordan's room and looks interesting paired with her trendy bolster. {tutorial}


The gray cotton pillowcase turned out nicely so I used off-white linen in my next pillowcase with hot pink lace trim {pictured above}  I will be sharing the tutorial next time, but wanted to give you all a sneak peek.








Sewing pillowcases and euroshams is such an easy project for novice sewers and can be rewarding since we can add all those special touches to make a room unique and interesting all on a tight budget.

Thanks for reading along today! Enjoy the rest of your week!

XOXO,
SK


No comments:

Post a Comment