Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The New Shabby Chic in Chicago

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a wonderful long weekend, whether it be relaxing or productive. I made the drive to Chicago this past weekend and spent a lovely few days with my super talented sister. We shopped for several hours in fabulous off the beaten path stores. This was such a treat since my days generally are so filled with kiddos activities. I left so inspired and relaxed, ready and rejuvenated for the summer break. So Thanks for having me lovely sis in your fabulous city.
    My sister is an interior designer in Chicago she lives in a charming neighborhood just outside the city, an easy commute to her clients but far enough away from the hustle and bustle the big city living brings. She allowed me to share her charming space with you all. The building is aged, dating back to the 1920's, but has been updated with all the modern conveniences. The original details are left intact including hardwood floor, vintage door knobs, crown moldings etc. It truly is a charming, sweet place she filled with an eclectic mix of furnishing some mass produced, but mostly one of a kind unique finds at consignment or boutique stores. So take a look at her cozy space. I think you will love just as much as I do. Sorry for the pics.. I took all these pictures with an iPhone. Next time I will try to remember to bring a better camera.
So here is the Home Tour......

That beautiful mirror and cute pillows came home with us on our shopping trip.
Pretty Living Room. Don't you love the mix of elements.


The Dining Room.  Love the mix of accessories, the clay pots with tufted furniture and graphic rug.


The Entrance Hall
Beautiful, serene outdoor space.

The Sweet Guest Bedroom.

Closeup of the Master Bedroom
The Master.  It too has beautiful wallpaper and tufted bed
The Entrance hallway.  Love the Trumeau.
The Hallway with an electic mix of wall accessories.
The Breakfast Nook



                     The Kitchen with all the modern conveniences and fully updated.  I love the vintage feel.






This Amazing store was packed full of treasures. My sister had a lovely time picking out a few fabulous goodness for her place here.

Hope you enjoyed the home tour and enjoying your week so far.  The girls last of school is today...Let the fun begin!

Have a Great Day!




XOXO,
SK

Linking up with~http://www.frommyfrontporchtoyours.com/,http://www.stonegableblog.com

3 comments:

  1. Such a great space! So neat and eclectic!

    Love all the different textures and patterns!!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful home! Thanx for sharing at THT.

    ReplyDelete